A guide to applicants for the Sir Douglas Robb Memorial Fund
uri/../images/formDRF.jpg*Please read these notes carefully before completing your application.*
ObjectiveThe Auckland Medical Research Foundation’s (AMRF) vision is to improve the health and quality of life for all New Zealanders. We aim to achieve this by providing genuine advances in health, science and medicine through funding the highest quality medical research of all kinds.
Funding areaThe AMRF’s research funding area is limited to all recognised tertiary institutions, district health boards (DHBs) and Crown Research Institutes (CRIs) with sites in the greater Auckland and Northland region of New Zealand. The principal investigator/grant holder must be affiliated with a host institution within this area, and the majority of work should be undertaken within this area, but co-applicants can come from, and part of the research can be performed, outside our catchment area - either nationally or internationally.
How to applyUse the on-line application form provided, after first creating an account. The application must be created and submitted from the applicant's portal account.
Purpose of the grantThis Fund was established in memory of Sir Douglas Robb and is for the support of projects which would normally have a medical background but which need not be strictly “medical research”. Sir Douglas was a man of wide interests and grants made from the Fund have reflected some of these. For example, the Fund has been used to enhance medical libraries, to bring overseas keynote speakers to NZ conferences, and to assist in publication of papers relating to medical research.
Value of grant$500 to $2,000
Tenure of grantDependent on the purpose of the grant.
Number of grants awardedThe AMRF offers one to two each year if funds are available.
Eligibilty* Applications may be made by individuals or organisations.
* To apply as an individual, you must be a New Zealand resident, permanent resident or citizen. Applications from non-New Zealand residents or citizens will not be accepted.* The start date of the grant must be after the award date (decision date) of that round. Please check the grant rounds dates on the How to Apply page on our website.
Writing guidelines* Choose the application type. Individual applicants should complete Section A, organisations should complete Section B if necessary. Both must complete all remaining sections.
* When you write your application, please remember that your proposal may be reviewed by both discipline-specific referees and also by members of the Medical Committee with a broad range of experience in health research. Please structure your proposal in a clear and succinct way and if possible seek feedback from a colleague outside your immediate research area.* Please use the standard New Zealand MSI Curriculum Vitae template. This can be download from the link within the application form. You should complete only Parts 1 and 2a, include no more than five pages in total, and list references only from the last five years.
Budget guidelines* Please provide sufficient information in the “item description” section of each budget line.
* Please provide copies of receipts or quotations to support each budget line entry (where applicable).
GeneralThe Fund will usually be administered by the Host Institution through which you submitted your application. However, in some instances due to the nature of the grant this is not possible and the AMRF will work with the grant holder to administer the funds directly.
The AMRF will not fund* The AMRF will not fund any element of overhead recovery, including salary buyout.* The AMRF does not fund costs of rental accommodation, heating, lighting and what might be termed the usual office facilities and accessories.
* The AMRF does not provide retrospective funding.* The AMRF does not fund major items of equipment costing more than $5,000.
Regulatory approval* Experimentation or questionnaires involving human subjects requires approval from an HRC accredited ethics committee. Experimentation with animals requires approval from a registered animal ethics committee. Either attach the approval(s) to the application, or indicate that approval is being sought.
* All appropriate regulatory approvals must be in place before the grant can be activated.* If the project involves a clinical trial, please indicate if the trail is registered and with which clinical trial registry. Please also provide details of your data safety monitoring committee if applicable.
* Applications will not be considered unless the Applicant Agreement is completed.
Publicity declarationThe AMRF is supported by private donations and therefore has an obligation through the news media, and its own newsletters to members and supporters, to report research that it supports. By becoming a recipient of an AMRF grant, you automatically agree to the mention of your name to media and stakeholders.The AMRF raises awareness of its aims with the general public, by inviting AMRF funded researchers to discuss their research with local interest groups (Rotary, U3A etc). By becoming a recipient of an AMRF grant, you automatically agree to be included on a list of available guest speakers.
Submission procedureLog into the AMRF Portal at funding.medicalresearch.org.nz and create a new application. Ensure all the required details are entered and all necessary documents have been attached.Clicking ‘Submit’ on your application form sends it to your host institution. They will then complete their requirements, before officially submitting it to the AMRF. Your host institution compliance process takes time so please adhere to internal deadlines to ensure your application reaches the AMRF by 5 pm on the closing date.Please refer to the Application process help page for details of what happens to your submitted application.Additional information can be found in the Grant Proposal template.
Our contact details
|POSTAL ADDRESS||Research Programme Manager|
Auckland Medical Research FoundationP O Box 110139
Auckland HospitalAuckland 1148
|TELEPHONE||+64 9 923 1701 |
|COURIER||Third Floor, 81 Grafton Road|
If you can't find the information you need, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page
to send an inquiry to the Auckland Medical Research Foundation.
Welcome | Dashboard | Applications | List all applications | Grant type filter | Funding round filter | Status filter | Page reload | Categories and themes | Application process | Guides for application types | Doctoral Scholarships | Douglas Goodfellow Repatriation Fellowship | Postdoctoral Fellowship | Project Grants | Gavin and Ann Kellaway Medical Research Fellowship | Sir Harcourt Caughey Award | Travel Grants | Douglas Goodfellow Medical Research Fellowship | Wilton Henley Memorial Travelling Scholarship | Sir Douglas Robb Memorial Fund | Jean Cathie Project Grant | COVID Relief Fund | J I Sutherland Medical Research Fellowship | Create new application | Personal options | Profile | Log out | Messages